Welcome To Odisha Postal Circle

During pre-independence period ,the postal establishment of Orissa was a part of the combined Bengal ,Bihar & Orissa Postal Circle headed by a Director of  Postal &Telegraphs with the headquarters at calcutta.Up to the year 1911 the establishment of orissa postal continued as a part combined Bihar & Orissa Circle with its headquarters at patna.the Post of Director , Posts & Telegraphs,Patna was then upgraded to Postmaster General and a post of Additional Postmaster General was created for Orissa,which functioned from its headquarters at Puri from 20-11-1946 to 11-9-1949.

With effect from 12-09-1949,Orissa became an independent Posts & Telegraphs,with headquarters at cuttack.The post was then upgraded to Postmaster General during the year 1966.The circle continued its headquarters at cuttack till its shifting to the present building at Bhubaneswar during 1970.The combined Posts & Telegraphs Circle of Orissa was further bifurcated in September 1974 and the Circle was named as Orissa Postal Circle.Now the post of CPMG is in  HAG grade.
Chief Post Master General,Orissa Circle
Name Dr Santosh Kumar Kamila
Mail ID cpmg_ori(at)indiapost[dot]gov[dot]in
Officer's NameRegion NameDesignationMail ID
Dr Santosh Kumar KamilaBhubaneswarChief Post Master Generalcpmg_ori(at)indiapost[dot]gov[dot]in
Sri L pradhanSambalpurPost Master Generalpmg_sambalpur(at)indiapost[dot]gov[dot]in
Sri Jaleswar KanharBerhampurPost Master Generalpmg_berhampur(at)indiapost[dot]gov[dot]in